My newest foodie article is up on Patch.
Click here to check out all the goods on blackberries.
I’ve got some recipes in my article and my favorite one is for blackberry mint lemonade. I was trying to think of something more creative for blackberries (we’ve got enough recipes around for blackberry pie and blackberry cobbler, don’t you think?) So I came up with this simple half-homemade lemonade recipe. Try it out for a bachelorette party (by adding some vodka, of course), a wedding shower or just for laying out by the pool.
Blackberry Mint Lemonade
- Muddle 6 fresh blackberries with 1 tsp. sugar and a sprig of mint in the bottom of a large cup.
- Pour your favorite lemonade (I have a thing for Simply Lemonade) over the muddled berries, filling up the class about 3/4 full.
- Add ice, sip and love life.
- Add a splash of vodka for grown-up lemonade
- Make your own lemonade! Make a simple syrup (equal parts of water and sugar, boiled and cooled) and add it to freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Make a blackberry mojito instead! Muddle the blackberries, sugar and mint, but add some lime to the mix. Pour rum and sparkling water over it and add ice.