I’ve posted this recipe waaay back here, but I feel like it doesn’t get any love since my readership was zero back then. I’m recycling this recipe for two reasons:
- It’s good and should not be overlooked.
- It’s the day after Christmas and I deserve a pass, right?
I made this recipe recently and turned it into a meat version for my SO and dad. I kept it original for the non-meat eater (me) and it’s so good and filling. Not to mention super easy. Have fun with it, too. If you read the original blog post about it, you’ll see that I, along with someone else, changed the recipe to turn it into a main course instead of side.
I really want you to read the original blog post to get the recipe for this, but a quick overview:
- I roasted baby potatoes at 400 degrees on parchment paper until they were nice and crispy, about an hour. I seasoned them well with just salt, pepper and EVOO.
- I tossed some baby arugula with some crumbled blue cheese and sliced sweet onions.
- I made a dijon vinaigrette and tossed the salad with it once I added the roasted potatoes.
- For a meat variation, I rubbed some chicken breasts with some spices (I think I used cayenne, oregano, cumin and some chili powder and salt, pepper.)
That’s all there really is to it. It’s simple and delicious, which is totally my bag, baby. I highly recommend arugula, but I mixed my most recent variation of this with some spring mix for the picky eaters in my family. Have fun with it and enjoy!